This week was a very productive one! We finished installing the beadboard, chair rail, and new cabinet handles. Surprisingly, we had very few setbacks, which is exactly what we needed. We even spent a whole weekend day relaxing (not one bit of work was done!). All that remains for this project is attaching the baseboards and the finishing process (the filling, caulking, sanding, and painting!). I plan on wrapping all that up this weekend!
Here is a crappy picture I took the night we finished. It’s dark, unedited, and taken in haste (I was tired!). It feels great to be ahead of schedule. That doesn’t usually happen!
I’m sure I could have written a longer post about how to attach the cabinet handles using this handy jig or how to install teeny tiny pieces of chair railing in those pesky corners where doors are usually located, but I am not going to do that. Instead, I’m going to spend the time I’m usually writing the blog post to catch up with the other ORC designers and guest participants.